Smith Funeral Home is conveniently located on the east end of the City of Sarnia close to all major highways and many of the city’s churches, cemeteries and hotels ⁄ motels. Our quiet rural setting is like no other funeral home in the area and provides a peaceful surrounding with ample parking on site.
Our knowledgeable staff has been providing comfort and compassion to this community for over 30 years and we continue to strive for better ways to provide the service people deserve. The warm atmosphere and tasteful décor allow our families to feel at home the minute they walk through the door.
Our visitation rooms and chapel can comfortably hold up to 300 people and what sets us apart from other funeral homes is our reception facility the Smith Family Center. We are able to accommodate up to 200 people for lunch, which includes four different lunch menus: from a light meal of fruit breads and cheese to a traditional meal of sandwiches and desserts. As well as a number of options for dinner between visiting hours such as Homemade Chicken Tetrazzini, Lasagna or something simpler like, cold meat and buns or pizza. We are happy to assist in anyway if this isn’t something that suits you, maybe you would like us to make reservations at a local establishment or book hotel rooms for your family from out of town. No matter what it is we are available to help in whatever capacity we can.
These are a few other attributes the funeral home has to offer:
- Electronic equipment (DVD player, Projector, CD/IPOD/MP3, 2-40 inch flat screen monitors)
- An organist on staff and other musicians available upon request
- All one story which make us wheelchair accessible
- Large open concept
- Phones are answered 24 hours a day by one of our staff members
- All funeral arrangements are done at your convenience whether it be at your residence or in the funeral home
- Extended Care – which provided assistance with paperwork after a death ie. CPP, cancelling cards, transferring names etc.
- Willing to try and accommodate any special requests